Thursday, July 25, 2013

Catching up.

Hi everybody! I hope of all you are having a wonderful week.
Mine is not the greatest, but you know... it's life.
Anyway, I can't believe I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks. I've been so busy, now I'm trying to play 'catch up'.
For the last 3 weeks I've been taking an Online Card Class, called Summer Card Camp 2, even though I'm enjoying it very much and learning tons of tips, I'm soooo behind with homework that's kind of embarrassing.
Last Tuesday I made a card as a homework for  week 3, day 2 which was to use a special color combination, and a technique of the several that were demonstrated in class that day, I made a card inspired by one made by Jennifer McGuire, using embossing on a die cut.
 I don't have many dies, so I used the leaves by Sizzix cut in two different shades of brown and embossed 3 times with  Pearlescent embossing powder by Inkadinkado. I stamped the sentiment on a textured circle and finished it with a butterfly stamped on vellum, embossed in gold  and colored with markers.
Loved the challenge, as I wouldn't have used those colors together otherwise.
 
 
Here is a close-up.
 
Sometime last week I made this other  one, just for fun, because I love tags so much
:) and had some scraps on my desk.


Thanks so much for your visit and have a blessed rest of the week.
Loly

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Loly! Your card and tag are just wonderful!! I know how you feel; I took the first summer stamp camp class and never did catch up on homework!! Life happens!! Hope all is well in your world! Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Loly, I hope your week gets better! I love the butterfly and color scheme on the first card. On your second card the little tags with twine are a terrific idea. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your leaves card is exquisite. I really like the color combination, but I see why you think of it as unusual. I can't wait to see what else you do for homework. I took the summer card class a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Many happy creations in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I'd be behind if I enrolled in summer camp ... a January/February camp would be more achievable for me! You've at least got some homework done, so bravo! Love the colors on your Missing You card ... just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER amazing cards! I LOVE the tags and twine on the second one! And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE x10000 that butterfly on your first card! What a beautiful design! LOOOOOOVE:) I wish I would have taken this class-- rats! Next time:)

    ReplyDelete